Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Wage Slave's Journey to Life: Day 1: Do You Care about Your Low Wage Job?

"So, essentially, our 'jobs' don't really care about us. We are usually quite expendable/easily replaced and so there's really no regard for you as an individual human being who is giving their labor to this company so it can make a profit. If you don't want to do the job, then you can just be fired and the next one brought in. What happens then is that we take this lack of care for us and use it as the justification to do the same, to not care either. Where, if my job doesn't care about me, then why am I going to care about it. Why would I do more than I have to? Why am I really going to put myself into it and do my best, when it's perfectly happy to take the profits from my labor and not pay me enough, not pay me the true value of what I put in?"

via Facebook http://shar.es/F6SHV

No comments:

Post a Comment